About the Club:
The Cruising Club gives boating enthusiasts of the PGI Civic Association the opportunity to meet with others who have common interests in boating. This site provides club members with information on all club activities and other items of shared interest to mariners in Southwest Florida including Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte, FL.
PGI Cruising Club promotes:
- Boating Safety,
- Protection of the Environment,
- Continuing Education in Boating
- Day Cruises – A great lunch at an interesting port-of-call.
- Overnighters – Drop anchor, raft up, overnight at a marina.
- 3-4 Nighters – Choose weekend or thru-the-week treks.
- Extended – The Keys, Tortugas, Bahamas cruises.
- Shore Events – Monthly events such as trips to dinner theaters, museums, wineries, ball games, etc.
- Supper Faire – Small intimate dinner gatherings in member homes.
Click on Events for schedule and additional information.
- We have four General Membership meetings a year. They are held prior to a social event, such as a wine tasting, brown bag auction, Holiday Party or something new and exciting dreamed up by our Social Committee. We don’t bore you with meetings!
- Quarterly membership meetings, see “Events“
- Check for Club Socials under the Activities/Events Menu.
- Happy Hour every Tuesday evening, 5 PM. at St. Andrews South CC .
- Informal Attire
- Have a great time visiting with friends and meeting new ones.
The PGI Cruising Club has an open membership and never a waiting list. If you would like more information about the club, please contact one of the appropriate officials under the Officials tab, or email us at Webmaster@PGICruisingclub.Org.